Crazy Seafood Feast at 30,000 Ft.
Smells and personal space – the two things that often cause fights on flights. Maybe someone has a tuna salad sandwich. Sure, you groan for a few minutes but let it go. But what if someone brought an entire seafood feast onboard?
There wasn’t a fight, however, an online group of flight attendants recently debated this photo. The group decided that no policy was violated if there wasn’t a mess and the food was properly stored for take-off/landing. Here’s what we know about the photo and my thoughts:
- This is on Spirit airlines (branded napkin)
- The photo was likely taken on June 28 or 29
- There are several airports in the US where crawfish can be purchased after security
- Pappadeaux Seafood in Houston (IAH) is my guess for the origin
- The Pappadeaux airport location encourages you to take food to go
- The baby wipes indicate good planning
- The wipes are Pampers Sensitive (ad)
- His camera app is open, so other photos may exist
- Cheez-its, not sure of that pairing…
- “Celebrity Crunch Classic” contest on the box ends this month
- Where’s the biscuits?
- Dirty airplanes are not places I like to eat food with my hands
- ALL airplanes are dirty
With that said, I love the spirit of this couple, be yourself, but don’t be surprised if that makes people angry. Also, think twice if you’re valuing your experience over others to their discomfort.